Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Last Day of Summer?



I could be wrong - I thought summer was over when we had that cold snap at the beginning of September, but then the weather bounced back and we had ninety degree temperatures for a week straight. But now the weather's cooled back down, and the occasional sunny, eighty degree day seems more like the exception rather than the rule. Of course, weather patterns have been very unpredictable of late, so who knows (and I should probably just shut up about the weather already - it keeps changing on me). I do enjoy warm autumn days. But, in spite of the leaves changing color and beginning to blanket the forest floor (so beautiful!), it still felt more like summer when I decided to go out for a hike the other day with a couple of friends, wearing my new bikini. It was fun! We climbed rocks, and dipped our toes in the river. My only regret is that we couldn't go for a proper swim (the parks board doesn't allow it).


No comments:

Post a Comment